Computer Programmer (Co-op)
|Field of Study:||Computer Programming/Programmer, General
|Description:||This co-op program is designed to meet the academic needs of all students, whether a recent secondary graduate, college or university graduate, or a mature student. As students progress through the two years, the courses they take will help them gain insight and experience in the fields in which they may choose to apply their computer skills after graduation. A structured approach to problem solving, effective oral and written communications, and attention to standards and documentation are stressed throughout. Industry trends and requirements are continually monitored to ensure curriculum remains current and relevant.
Campus: Barrie, Ontario
|URL:||Computer Programmer (Co-op) at Georgian College
|Cost per year:*||
Canadian Student Fees: Fall $4506.56; Winter $4462.60
International Student Fees: Fall $14,128.51; Winter $ 13,883.25
For program specific fee information see : http://www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/tuition-related-fees/tuition-and-fees-tab/#computer-systems
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C or U); any Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Secondary school applicants:
• OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG 4C, ENG 4U); plus any Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP 4C or MCT 4C), or any Grade 12 U University Mathematics
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
• Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
• College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
• Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
• Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
• Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
• Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
• English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
• Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.