Welcome Page Elementary/secondary schools Undergraduate Schools Graduate/Professional Schools Language Schools Online/Distance Request Info Visa Info About Canada
Log In
< Back

Transfer Credits and Recognition of International Qualifications

Transfer credits

DegreeSome schools allow students to transfer credits from one school to another. The students receive credit for work done at another school

Most schools will require official transcripts, and some schools may charge a transfer credit assessment fee.

Each school has its own requirements, and you should confirm those with the school. Every school has a different way of dealing with transfer credits. We would advise international students to visit the StudyinCanada.com school profiles and the Web sites of the schools that interest you, and to contact the office of admissions or the registrar's office of the individual schools for specific information.

Recognition of international degrees

The recognition of international qualifications is a process that is unique to each school.

We recommend that you contact the school(s) that interest you to find out their individual policies.

The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) lists credential evaluation services. These are agencies, which, for a fee, will assess your qualifications. Please note that these assessments do not guarantee admission to any school or program.

Most schools will require international students to provide proof of an acceptable level of English competency such as a minimum TOEFL score or other English-language test. Schools that teach in French may require proof of French competency. Please contact individual schools directly to find out their policies in this area.

back to top back to top

University of Toronto: Ontario Institute for Studies in Education - Teacher Education Programs e-Tour(TM)
© 1995-2014 EDge Interactive. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.