Welcome Page Elementary/secondary schools Undergraduate Schools Graduate/Professional Schools Language Schools Online/Distance Request Info Visa Info About Canada
Log In
< Back

Financial Aid

Attending school in Canada is more expensive for international students than for Canadian students, but that's the case in most situations when you are studying in a country that is not your own.

While there are some scholarships for international students wishing to come to Canada to study, there are not many and competition is very fierce. Schools and other organizations offer scholarships to international students and a listing of some of those awards can be found on ScholarshipsCanada.com.

ScholarshipsCanada.com is free to use and your username and password for StudyinCanada.com will work on ScholarshipsCanada.com as well.

After logging in, perform an advanced search using "International or Visa Student" as your region of residence. If you find a scholarship you think you could apply for, you should contact that scholarship administrator for more information.

Other sources of funding
Here are some other resources you might be able to make use of.

  • CIDA - The Canadian International Development Agency: This organization offers scholarships directly and through funding for students to come to Canada to study. You can find some information about their scholarship and awards programs here:


  • CIDA-SICI Project (CSP) - The Canadian International Development Agency and the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute offer several grants and internships to graduate students from India to study in Canada, including the Women and Development Fellowships, the Social Sciences & Humanities Fellowships and the Visiting Scholar Program.


  • Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC): FAC sponsors the Commonwealth Scholarship Plan. The program is designed to help students from Commonwealth countries take programs of advanced study and research at the graduate level in Canada.


  • Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC): FAC sponsors the Government of Canada Awards, available to graduate students who are citizens of Chile, Colombia, Cuba, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Philippines, Russia and Venezuela. Countries may be added at any time, so students should check the link below occasionally.


  • Organization of American States (OAS) Fellowship Programs (PRA): Awards available to students from other OAS member states for graduate study or research in Canada.


  • International Development Research Centre (IDRC): This organization funds research activities designed to provide benefits to developing countries. Most of the funding they do is at a doctoral level.


  • Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada: Sponsors the NATO Science Fellowships for post-doctoral studies and the Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories for post-doctoral studies or doctoral studies.


    If you are accepted to a school, try contacting your school's financial aid office.
    There may be an award that your school's financial aid or registrar's office knows about. It never hurts to ask. You can find your school's contact information in their school profile.

    back to top back to top

  • MacEwan University e-Tour(TM)
    © 1995-2014 EDge Interactive. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.