Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
||St. Lawrence College
||Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston campus
|Field of Study:
Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
This four-year baccalaureate program is offered in collaboration with Laurentian University. It will prepare graduates to practice as a Registered Nurse according to the entry-topractice standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. All four years of the program will be offered at each campus of St. Lawrence College with the degree being granted by Laurentian University. |
Graduates will be eligible to write the provincial examinations to be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Nursing involves caring for individuals, families, groups and communities across the lifespan, focusing on health promotion and protection, prevention of illness and treatment incollaboration with many other health-care professionals. Nursing is a profession that provides opportunities for specialization, leadership, research and decision-making within many health-care settings.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) at St. Lawrence College
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Grade 12 English
Grade 12 Biology
Grade 12 Chemistry
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or
equivalent including the following prerequisites:
• Grade 12 English at U level
• Grade 12 Biology at U level
• Grade 12 Chemistry at U level
• 3 additional different grade 12U or 12M level
• Minimum 70% prerequisite average*
• Completion of Pre-Health Sciences program
(1023) with a minimum 2.80 GPA*
• Completion of Practical Nursing Diploma
program (1023) with a minimum 2.40 GPA*
TOEFL (CBT) [min. 213] or TOEFL (iBT) [min. 79] or TOEFL (PBT) [min. 550] or IELTS [min. 6.5]
Current CPR (Basic Rescuer Level C) and Standard First Aid (both certifications must remain current for the duration of the program). CPR recertification is required yearly.
Current enhanced security clearance criminal reference check) for vulnerable populations.
Students are not permitted to attend clinical practice if immunization, CPR, First Aid, and security clearance requirements are outstanding.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.