Requirements for Canadian Students
Students are required to have their high school diploma at the general level or equivalent. Applicants should have an overall average of 60% or higher, unless otherwise stated. Post-graduate programs require a college diploma or university degree.
Requirements for International Students
The admission requirement is to have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (Grade 12 High School). Some programs have subject prerequisites and other requirements. Please note that in order to determine equivalent standing from other countries, the College requires original or certified copies of all documentation and academic records.
Students for which English is a second language, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants must obtain a score of 550 and a minimum of 50 points in each test area. In correspondence with TOEFL, please quote the Georgian TOEFL Code: 9740. IELTS band 6.5 is also accepted.
Please Note: Students who have less than 550 TOEFL, will be required to take the English as a Second Language (ESL) program before being admitted to a post-secondary program. Students who score 500 will be enrolled in our bridging program: English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
Procedure for Canadian Students
Students applying for full-time studies should submit a completed application and transcript to Ontario College Application Services (OCAS) at www.ontariocolleges.ca. The application service will send your application to the colleges you have chosen. You may be asked to complete questionnaires, provide portfolios, attend interviews, and/or take part in testing or information sessions. The application processing fee is $95.00. The application fee is payable to OCAS. The preferential deadline for full-time diploma programs beginning in September is February 1.
For further information see: www.ontariocolleges.ca
Students applying for full-time studies in undergraduate degree programs at Georgian College through the Laurentian / Georgian B.A. or Windsor / Georgian B.A. programs must submit an application through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC).
Applicants are encouraged to send their applications as early as possible, as some programs may require the applicant to complete additional work. Students applying for part-time studies at Georgian College may do so by completing the Part-time Studies Registration Form. Part-time applicants may then register by fax, by phone, in person, or by mail.
Procedure for International Students
There is a $65.00 processing fee for applications. Please ensure that the $65.00 fee is included with your application. Applications received without the fee will be returned, which will delay the process. (Money order, certified cheque, or bank draft should be made payable to "Georgian College".)
1. Complete and mail a Georgian College "International Student Application Form". Applications can be submitted from January to July, but all applications received by March 1 will be given priority for program choices. Applications should be sent as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for obtaining student visas.
2. Original or certified copies of all documentation and academic records should accompany the application. The student must send a proof of graduation as well as subjects taken and marks received. Students who are not graduating until later in the year should send current transcripts along with mid-term marks.
3. A letter of acceptance will be sent out as soon as the College has reached a decision.
4. An applicant granted admission to a program must confirm acceptance of this offer by sending the College a non-refundable deposit of $500.00.
5. The student must apply for a student visa from the Canadian Embassy or Consulate. The student visa must be obtained in your home country; it cannot be obtained in Canada.
6. Finally, full tuition fees must be paid by semester deadline. The base tuition is $9,215.00. In addition, there are other compulsory fees, fees for cooperative programs, and health insurance premium. Immigration Canada also requires proof of money for living expenses, approximately $10,000.00. Please consult the Georgian College calendar for further detailed information.
|Full-time Undergraduate Students 2010-2011:||n/s|
|Type of System:||Semester|
|Entrance Dates:||January, September
Language of Instruction