Requirements for Canadian Students
Admission is on a program by program basis. Academic admission requirements vary with each program. Some programs may request interviews, reference letters, auditions, skills appraisal exams, and/or career investigations.
Requirements for International Students
One of the following English language requirements may apply:
1. A TOEFL test and achieve a score of 550 on the paper based test or 213 on the computer based test. You can access TOEFL information on the Web site.
2. IELTS accept a minimum score of 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 on each band score.
3. CAEL accept a minimum score of 60 overall with at least 60 on each band score.
4. MELAB accept a minimum score of 85 overall with at least 80 on each band score.
5. Successful completion of our ESL certificate (Level 5).
You may be required to have your high school and post-secondary documents evaluated by the International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS) and results sent to us. Information can be obtained on the website.
Procedure for Canadian Students
Red Deer College is committed to the practice of granting fair and equal consideration to all applicants. Qualified applicants are admitted to programs in accordance with the date of completed application. Students are encouraged to apply and complete their files at the earliest possible date. Application inquiries should be directed to the Recruitment Office. Applications are accepted starting October 1 until mid July or until programs reach capacity.
Procedure for International Students
Apply and pay a non-refundable $75.00 application fee. You must arrange to have an official copy of your high school and all post-secondary transcripts sent to us. An official transcript is one that is sent directly to Red Deer College from the Ministry of Education or issuing institution in your country. You can apply online on the website. You will also find international student information on the website.
|Full-time Undergraduate Students 2009-2010:||7,800|
|Type of System:||Semester|
|Entrance Dates:||January, April, September
Language of Instruction