International students participating in the VIHSP homestay program will feel welcome, comfortable and secure. The VIHSP homestay program places visiting students into supportive, stable homes with Canadian families, arranged and supervised by VIHSP.
Homestay provides an invaluable, authentic insight into the Canadian way of life and opportunities to improve English language skills. As a result, students move with ease and confidence in Canadian society.
VIHSP provides comprehensive support to international students. Students enrolled in our academic program have access to:
- a one-week orientation program prior to the start of school
- an on-line pre-arrival learning program that will help students to become familiar with our district, program rules, homestay and Victoria, before they arrive
- an on-line English language learning program (over 40 hours of lessons)
- a free, downloadable smartphone app featuring airport arrival guidance and essential information
- school-based international student advisors
- school counsellors
- multi-cultural homestay placement officers
- professional, experienced program staff committed to each studentís success.
Career planning courses are offered in high school.
An integral sports program is offered in every school. The variety of choices is wide ranging for both indoor and outdoor sports. Students are encouraged to join in extracurricular sporting activities as a way of mixing with Canadian friends outside of the classroom.
VIHSP organizes a twice-a-year ski trip to Whistler for international students. Other activities are organized from time to time.
In addition, each school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, and students are sure to find something to suit their interests.
Club activities are plentiful and wide ranging in every school.
Our schools offer exceptional learning facilities that include:
- well-designed classrooms
- fine art facilities
- science and computer labs equipped with the latest technology
- large outdoor sports fields
- many extracurricular activities