Student Housing Service is your resource for on- and off-campus housing at the University of Toronto. They can offer you the information, resources, and personal assistance you need to meet your housing goals. Visit their office to work with a member of the team one-on-one or check their online resources.
Student Housing Service website: http://www.housing.utoronto.ca
NOTE: OISE has a limited number of recruitment spaces available to Bachelor of Ed. & Diploma in Tech. Ed. students in Graduate House. If you would like to be considered please email us by May 1, 2012.
See notes regarding "on-campus housing" above.
As a teacher education candidate at OISE, you will have access to:
- one of the largest library collections related to teaching and education in North America
- the Teacher Employment Preparation Centre, a dedicated job centre for teacher education students within OISE
- a wide range of IT resources to help you prepare for the classrooms of the 21st century and,
- all of the services and resources of the University of Toronto including Hart House and amazing athletics facilities.
For details about our wide array of facilities and services, please visit the section on "Services for Students" on our website.
The Teacher Employment Centre, located in Student Services on OISE's 8th floor is the place to go for employment-related information.
The TEP Centre has resources on teaching opportunities in Canada, the U.S.A, and outside of North America; the most recent facts on school board hiring procedures; hiring forecasts; names and addresses for every Canadian school board; and a complete listing of independent and alternative schools.
At OISE, you will access to a wide range of IT resources, including the OISE Education Commons (EC).
The EC provides the services traditionally associated with libraries, distance learning, computing, and media centres to meet the information and technology needs of the OISE community. The EC seeks to provide "one-stop-shopping" for knowledge services. It supports and promotes the use of technology, including computers and multimedia, in all aspects of OISE activity. Services include:
- a specialized collection in the field of education
- a wide range of Internet and multimedia resources, including support for telecommunications, interactive video and computer graphics.
OISE Education Commons website: http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ec/Home/index.html
OISE and the University of Toronto provides a wide array of supports and resources for personal and learning needs.
For details about OISE and the University of Toronto's personal and learning support services, please visit the section on "Services for Students" on our website.