|Co-ed: 1,000 beds||Lowest: $1,225.00||Highest: $1,720.00
Dormitory accommodation is available on campus in July and August only. A private, furnished room is included, along with a cafeteria meal plan and a schedule of free evening activities.
|Homestay: 800 beds||Lowest: $800.00||Highest: $800.00
Homestay is available for all ELC programs from September - June. Students are carefully matched with Canadian hosts who will provide a safe, comfortable, and friendly home. The ELC´s Homestay department recently received a national award from the "Canada Languages Council" recognizing its outstanding program and service.
When you choose UVic you choose the best. Here are just a few reasons why studying English at the ELC is the best choice to achieve your goals.
A Quality Education is Guaranteed!
- UVic consistently ranks among Canada’s top 3 universities and is listed in the top 1% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World Universities Ranking, 2010)
Pathways to UVic Degree Programs!
- The University Pathway Program for International Students allows students to study English and take credit courses at the same time! Students can improve their English AND graduate university in just 4 years. UVic also offers conditional acceptance to students who meet the academic requirements for university acceptance.
- The ELC offers programs which combine English studies with professional experience in Victoria.
ELC students are UVic students too!
– At UVic, you'll share a modern university campus with 19,000 degree students. You'll have access to the best facilities and lots of chances to meet Canadian friends.
- Our University Admission + Canadian Studies Program, English Work Experience Program and Homestay program have all won national awards in recent years for their high quality and innovation.
- Spectacular landscapes, outdoor activities, excellent shopping and the mildest climate in Canada make Victoria one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, with over 1 million visitors each year.
Find information about UVic degree programs at: www.uvic.ca
Athletics (F/M), Badminton (F/M), Ball Hockey (F/M), Baseball (F/M), Basketball (F/M), Cross Country Running (F/M), Diving (F/M), Dodgeball (F/M), Dragon Boat Racing (F/M), Field Hockey (F/M), Freestyle Skiing (F/M), Hockey (F/M), Ice Hockey (F/M), Judo (F/M), Racketball (F/M), Running (F/M), Sailing (F/M), Soccer (F/M), Softball (F/M), Speed Skating (F/M), Squash (F/M), Swimming (F/M), Table Tennis (F/M), Taekwondo (F/M), Tennis (F/M), Triathlon (F/M), Ultimate Frisbee (F/M), Volleyball (F/M), Water Polo (F/M), Weightlifting (F/M), Wrestling (F/M)
Basketball (F/M), Field Hockey (F/M), Rowing (F/M), Rugby (F/M), Running (F/M), Soccer (F/M), Swimming (F/M), Ultimate Frisbee (F/M), Volleyball (F/M)
ELC student have unlimited access to sports facilities for a fee of $120 per semester. This includes access to:
- a FIFA soccer pitch
- indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- weight training equipment
- dance/yoga studios
- tennis and squash courts
- gyms for playing volleyball, basketball, etc.
UVic also has a wide network of forested hiking and jogging trails.
- Orientation sessions, campus tours, and welcome receptions.
- A calendar of free activities such as coffee socials and trips to local tourist attractions
- Optional activities ($) such as whale watching, trips to Vancouver, skiing, visits to Butchart Gardens, etc.
- Farewell dinner and certificate presentations.
There are over 50 student clubs to choose from at UVic, for students with special social, political or athletic interests.
- WiFi throughout campus
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) facility
- 10 computer labs
Victoria is a multicultural city with many opportunities to enjoy festivals, and special events both on and off campus, such as:
- Chinese New Year
- Jazz Festival
- Tango Festival
- Dragon Boat Festival
- Symphony Splash
- the Pacific Opera
The ELC keeps students informed about upcoming events and our Cultural Assistants often guide students to events.
The University of Victoria is fully accessible to students with disabilities and special needs.
Languages Canada, NAFSA, BCCIE, CBIE, TESL, TEAL, BCTEAL, and CAUCE.
The University of Victoria has over 90 official partnerships with educational institutions in 23 countries.
Students enrolled in our ELC programs receive a campus tour on the first day of their program.
UVic's other facilities and services include:
- Medical and dental clinic
- Cafes and restaurants
- Movie theatre
- Hair salon
- Travel agency
- Multi-denominational chapel