Early Childhood Education - (Accelerated)
||Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
|Field of Study:
Early Childhood Education and Teaching
If you've completed an undergraduate degree from a post-secondary institution in Ontario or have a degree evaluated for Canadian equivalency, you may be eligible to earn your accelerated Early Childhood Education diploma in three semesters with ECYA.|
Our accelerated program begins with a seven-week intensive full-time May/June semester and continues in the fall and winter with 14-week semesters of full-time early childhood studies. Some evening subjects may be required in order to be eligible to graduate the following June. Additional fees will be incurred for these subjects. Early Childhood Education teaches you to design learning environments that promote healthy development for young children. You’ll gain important observation skills needed to facilitate a child’s developmental progress, and get the opportunity to apply these skills in a variety of field placement settings related to your career goals.
Early Childhood Education - (Accelerated) at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Successful completion of a recognized Ontario B.A. Degree (or other undergraduate degree) or documentation of assessed degree equivalency.
- Proficiency in English at the college level.
- Documentation which reflects previous paid or volunteer experience with young children.
- Successful completion of all required Summer semester subjects at a minimum “C” grade level in order to enter the Fall session of this program.
- Current immunization report and report of chest x-ray or tuberculin skin test.
- A valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- A valid C.P.R. "C" Certificate.
- Current Police Reference Check (vulnerable sector).
|February 1, 2012
||September 4, 2012
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.