Child Development Degree - (Co-op)
||Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
|Field of Study:
For the past several years, the field of early childhood education has been expanding and there is a greater demand for more integration of services and programs focusing on the child, the family and the community.|
As a result of the field entering this new era, there is increasing demand for highly skilled professionals. Recent legislation has also been passed to create a College of Early Childhood Educators signaling a call for a new level of professionalism. Seneca's Bachelor of Applied Arts in Child Development is well positioned to prepare graduates for these challenging careers and will help meet the needs of the expanding field of early education and development. Graduates from this exciting degree program will have a firm grounding in early childhood development, as well as familiarity in multidisciplinary and family practice.
Students in the Bachelor of Applied Arts degree program must successfully complete one full-time co-operative education work term in order to graduate. The co-op work experience provides the learner with the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real world applications.
Child Development Degree - (Co-op) at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Grade 12 English
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a majority of senior credits at the University Preparation (U) or University/College Preparation (M) level or Mature Student Status (age 19 or older)
- Six Grade 12 (U) or (M) courses with a minimum 65% average
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(U)
- Mature students (age 19 years or older) must submit proof of credits in the above subjects or their equivalent.
- Applicants with an ECE diploma or ECE equivalency will be admitted into semester four.
|February 1, 2012
||September 4, 2012
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.