General Arts - English for Academic Purposes
||Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
|Field of Study:
English as a Second Language
Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
The GEA certificate program is designed for students for whom English is a second or additional language and who feel that they need to improve their language skills prior to beginning another college program or entering the workforce. It is also intended for students who have completed less than four years of instruction in an English-speaking secondary school. As a student in GEA, you’ll have opportunities to improve your speaking, listening, writing and reading skills in both language courses and career-oriented subjects. TESL (Teachers of English as a Second Language) certified faculty will use a variety of interactive and multimedia teaching methods that will enhance your learning experience while maximizing your ability to interact with others in a multi-culturally diverse learning environment. In addition, you'll be eligible to register in up to five credit courses which may be applied to future studies in any of Seneca’s diploma programs. Upon successful completion of the GEA program, you may apply to the diploma program of your choice.
General Arts - English for Academic Purposes at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Grade 12 English
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a majority of senior credits at the College Preparation (C), University Preparation (U) or University/College Preparation (M) level or Mature Student Status (age 19 or older)
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma where the majority of credits have been earned through the transfer credit process. The program is designed for students who have completed less than four years of instruction in an English-speaking secondary school.
- Post-admission assessment will determine a student's suitability for this program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.