The Best Student City In Canada
Top 5 reasons Montreal is the perfect place to study!
Every year, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranks the best cities in the world for students. Montreal is once again in the top ten worldwide, behind Paris, Melbourne, London, Sydney, Hong Kong, Boston and Tokyo. The Economist Intelligence Unit rates Montreal as the best city on the planet to get an overseas education.
Here are just a few of our favourite things about student life in one of the world’s great cities.
- 1. Montreal has the highest concentration of post-secondary students of any large city in North America. That means lots of student-oriented pricing, activities and services. Accommodation is very affordable compared to other major Canadian cities.
- 2. Concordia University’s student body is diverse, mirroring the population of Montreal, with people from all around the world. That makes for a very rich culinary, linguistic, musical and literary scene. Montreal is a place that will open your eyes, and your mind.
- 3. Concordia is an English-language university at the heart of the largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris. Living in Montreal will allow you to learn and improve your French in a friendly environment.
- 4. The city is very easy to get around. Our award-winning underground transportation system, the Metro, is convenient and inexpensive. An extensive network of bike paths will get you almost anywhere you want to go, including Concordia’s two campuses. And we invented the Bixi, a very popular public bike sharing system.
- 5. The cultural sphere is red hot. Montreal attracts the best acts on the planet for outdoor music concerts like Osheaga and the International Jazz Festival. There’s a creative energy in the air, even during the winter months, with events like Nuit Blanche and Igloofest.
There’s a lot to love about Montreal. Have a look at our Viewbook to find out what our international students like best.