What is Admission on the Spot?
At an Admission on the Spot event, future students are helped through the application process, any questions about programs are answered, and students are able to submit their application and have it processed all in one evening! This means students can skip the waiting and, if possible, be admitted to the University of Regina that day.
Location: On-campus: Campion Main Floor
Why come to our December Admission on the Spot?
- Discounted application fee ($70 instead of $100)
- Receive a free pair of limited edition U of R mittens
- Leave the event being admitted to your faculty of choice*
- Free housing applications, additional scholarships, & other incentives
What programs can you apply to?
Students can apply into all programs; HOWEVER, we cannot admit students into some of our competitive entry programs (i.e., Nursing). We can admit students to the following faculties at this event:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Education (excludes Indigenous Education & Joint BMUSED Program)
Note: You must bring your completed Teacher Education Application Profile.
- Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Faculty of Media, Art & Performance
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Work (Pre-Social Work only)
*Students applying into the Faculty Nursing will receive the discounted application fee and the free pair of mittens. However, due to the competitive admission process, we will NOT be able to admit students into this program at the event.
Who can attend Admission on the Spot?
- Current grade 12 students
- High school graduates & mature students
- Students who have taken other post-secondary education**
- Students with international documents**
- **Students with international or post-secondary documents can receive the discounted application fee; however, will NOT be admitted that same day.
What should you bring to Admission on the Spot?
- Application Fee: $70.00 for your application fee (cash, cheque, or credit card)
- Current High School Students: A school certified/unofficial transcript (ask your guidance counsellor or principal in advance)
- High School Graduates: Please bring your official final high school transcript.
- Applying to Education: Don't forget your Teacher Education Application Profile. Be sure to start early and bring it completed!
Event Type: Information Session - School Information
Location: Regina, SK, Canada