Join us on Monday, March 2 for VIU Discovery Night for Parents - everything you needed to know to support your child on their post-secondary journey.If you’re a parent or guardian of a high school student considering post-secondary, or a parent of a first-year university student, this event is for you!
At VIU, we recognize that when it comes to university, your child looks to you for guidance. We want to ensure you have the resources and knowledge you need at your fingertips to support and empower your child in their decisions.
Have you ever asked yourself:
• Is a university education even necessary?
• If my child takes a gap year, does that decrease their chances of attending post-secondary?
• How am I going to pay for post-secondary, and are there ways to cut costs?
• How do I help my child choose a post-secondary program?
• What is the connection between post-secondary studies and available careers?
• How can I best support my child before and during their post-secondary journey?
Get answers to these questions and more!
Time and location:
Monday, March 2, 7-9 pm (Doors open 6:30 pm)
Oliver Woods (6000 Oliver Rd, Nanaimo BC) Monarch Room 1&2
Light snacks provided
Event Type: Information Session - Parent Information Session
Location: Nanaimo, BC, Canada