Wilfrid Laurier University - Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
Economics and Accounting (BA)
|School:||Wilfrid Laurier University - Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
|Faculty:||Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
|Field of Study:||Accounting
Accounting and Business/Management
Accounting and Finance
Finance and Financial Management Services, Other
|Description:||Our Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Accounting program is CPA-accredited and gives a career advantage to students looking to become an accountant. Unlike most programs in accounting, this one prepares you to understand business and government issues in a data-driven economy at the macro level.
Economics courses will provide you with the technical background you’ll need to succeed in today’s marketplace, along with a high-level understanding of how businesses work. Your accounting courses will ensure you are ready to become an accountant, with courses that hone your practical skills.
|URL:||Economics and Accounting (BA) at Wilfrid Laurier University - Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Insurance, Real Estate and Financial Brokerage ManagersAccountantsBookkeepers||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- 2 of Grade12 English or Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Data Management
Minimum admission range of mid 80s. Competitive admission range of high 80s. English at 70%. Advanced Functions at 70%. Either Calculus and Vectors or Data Management at 60%. All required courses calculated in admission average, including English.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based)
You must make your own arrangements to write a test of English proficiency and have the results forwarded directly to our office. Some testing centres may require our institution code, which is 0893. If you meet the academic requirements for your program but do not meet Laurier’s English proficiency requirement, you may receive an offer of admission that is conditional upon completing the Laurier English and Academic Foundation (LEAF) program. The LEAF program is an academic English program for future Laurier students, designed to prepare them for success in university. The LEAF program is offered at our Brantford campus.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.