|Faculty:||Faculty of Business & Professional Studies - School of Legal Studies
|Field of Study:||Legal Assistant/Paralegal
|Description:||Become a qualified paralegal through CapU’s Paralegal Certificate while employed in a legal setting and studying part time onsite or online. Pursue a rewarding and challenging career in law working under the supervision of a lawyer.
The Paralegal Certificate is designed for students who wish to study part time and who are already working in the legal field. Students primarily study substantive law and legal skills courses while gaining their procedural law skills on the job. Some procedural law courses, including courses dealing with litigation procedures, are available as electives. You can begin your studies either in the fall term in September, the spring term in January or the summer term in May. Our graduates are highly sought after, and we work closely with representatives of the legal industry to ensure that our curriculum is current and relevant.
|URL:||Paralegal at Capilano University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost shown is for Year 1 and includes fees.
|Careers:||Court RecordersParalegalsTrademark Agents||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- High school graduation
- English 100 level or higher course (B- or higher) or
- CMNS 159 (B+ or higher) or
- LPI exam (level 5 or higher)
- One of the following:
- Two years legal admin work experience or
- Graduation from Cap U’s Legal Admin Assistant (LAA) program with a B+ or higher (other LAA programs may be considered) or
- Graduation from Cap U’s online LAA program with B+ or higher (other online LAA programs may be considered) plus one year legal admin work or
- Relevant life/work experience with or without legal admin work experience (some limitations)
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.