York University - Glendon Campus
|School:||York University - Glendon Campus
|Field of Study:||Language Interpretation and Translation
|Description:||Do you have a passion for languages and cultures in contact? Do you enjoy reading about science, technology and just about anything new in the world? Do you love to write?
If so, then translation may be the field of study for you! An undergraduate degree in translation will prepare you for a variety of careers in the language and communications professions. It can also lead to graduate studies.
|URL:||Translation (BA) at York University - Glendon Campus
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75 to 79
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 French
The School of Translation generally accepts a total of 50 students per year. The application process varies for different categories of applicants. Please review the section that pertains to you.
Admission requirements : http://www.glendon.yorku.ca/translation/application-process/
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 220] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 560] or Test de Français International [min. 785]
|Application Notes : ||
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- A minimum of six 4U or 4M courses, including 4U English (ENG4U) or FRA4U for applicants from French-language high schools.
- We accept a combination of U and M courses and OACs.
- Ensure you meet our language requirements.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.