University of Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Urban Native Teacher Education Program (SUNTEP) - Early/Middle Years
|School:||University of Saskatchewan
|Faculty:||College of Education
|Field of Study:||Aboriginal Education
|Description:||Offered by the Gabriel Dumont Institute (GDI) in partnership with the College of Education at the University of Saskatchewan, students enrol at the Prince Albert or Saskatoon locations. The program includes Indigenous studies and cross-cultural education. Field experience begins early in the program and continues through to graduation. Classroom experience includes but is not limited to urban centres, rural communities, northern schools, First Nations schools and the Catholic School Division.
You'll be able to focus on either early/middle years education or secondary (high school) education.
|URL:||Saskatchewan Urban Native Teacher Education Program (SUNTEP) - Early/Middle Years at University of Saskatchewan
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Biology 30 or Chemistry 30 or Physics 30 or Earth Science 30, or Computer Science 30
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 French or Grade12 German or Grade12 Spanish
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 History or Grade12 Native Studies or Grade12 Social Studies
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
- History 30 or Social Studies 30 or Native Studies 30
- 30-level language other than English or a Fine/Performing Art
- Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30
Two deficiencies among above subjects are permitted but must be cleared prior to entering second year of study.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or CanTEST [min. 85] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
|Application Notes : ||To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/english-language-proficiency.php#ProofofEnglishproficiency
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.