Education Assistant (EA)
|Field of Study:||Special Education and Teaching, General
|Description:||Connect your passion for supporting children and youth with in the Education Assistant (EA) Certificate program at Capilano University.
This 18-month, part-time program begins in July of each year and will give you the theory and practical strategies to help children or adolescents in the school system.
Education Assistants support students in Kindergarten-grade 12 who present with a wide range of abilities. They're in demand, with a critical shortage of trained and certified EAs for on-call, part-time or full-time positions.
You'll develop the tools, strategies and skills needed for the EA role and put it all together in a 150-hour practicum.
|URL:||Education Assistant (EA) at Capilano University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost is for Year 1 and includes fees.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 Communications
- Grade11 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C) or Grade11 Precalculus or Grade11 Applied Mathematics
- Applicants are required to attend an information session and will be assessed on the basis of an interview with faculty, past academic experience and relevant experience working with children and adolescents
- Covering letter
- Three reference letters
- Clear criminal records search
- Standard First Aid certificate
- CPR certificate
- TB test
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.