A student wishing to get acceptance into the program needs to satisfy the admission requirements for both the MD program and the graduate program in their fields of study. The match-up of student with supervisor and project is tailored to each student. Preliminary explorations can be undertaken by candidates with prospective supervisors, and the MD/PhD committee can help to make the final decision. The recommendation for acceptance to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is the responsibility of that committee.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Students must meet all admissions criteria of both the MD and the PhD programs.
- Qualified candidates are selected for interviews to get a sense of the general skills, pesonality and potential of the individual.
- Students entering the MD/PhD program will have either an honours or masters degree.
- Only Canadian citizens or those holding Canadian Permanent Resident status will be considered for admission.
- Candidates will be required to have completed all requirements for their graduate degrees prior to registration in the program.
- There is a separate application for the program aside from the application to OMSAS.