Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric
|Description:||The study of media and communication addresses many contemporary questions. Who controls the media and why? What shape does communication take in today’s global world? What are the different media technologies and at whom are they targeted? Communication studies addresses these questions and others as it critically examines the role and development of communication in modern society.
The communication studies major has been one of the fastest growing programs at Memorial since its introduction in 2010. As an interdisciplinary program it provides exposure to courses in various disciplines within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
|URL:||Communication Studies at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.