Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management
|Faculty:||School of Trades & Skills
|Field of Study:||Food Technology and Processing
|Description:||The rising popularity of craft beer houses and products, specialty beer-making workshops, and beer-tasting events continues to generate rampant growth in the brewing scene and gives the Brewmaster and Brewery Operations program broad spectrum appeal. The Brewmaster and Brewery Operations program targets a diverse range of enthusiasts and professionals who see this as a valuable career opportunity in a vibrant and continually growing industry.
Learn the art, science and the business of brewing in our new 2,300 square foot state-of-the-art facility from staff with extensive experience in the brewery business. The Brewmaster and Brewery Operations program provides hands-on training and includes researching and developing recipes along with sourcing locally grown materials in our small pilot set-ups. Our retail outlet adjacent to the teaching brewery will provide you with the opportunity to connect with prospective customers.
|URL:||Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management at Olds College
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Pure Mathematics or Grade12 Applied Mathematics
- Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Chemistry or Grade11 Science
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older on or before September 1, 2016; have 50% or better in English Language Arts 30-1 or 30-2; 50% or better in Math 30-1 or 30-2; and 50% or better in Biology 20, OR Chemistry 20, OR Science 20.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent, a resume, responses to three questions, and they must meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. Please visit the website for more information on requirements.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.