Vancouver Island University
First Nations Housing Manager
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Faculty:||Trades and Applied Technology
|Field of Study:||Aboriginal Studies
|Description:||If you're currently a manager working in First Nations housing, or want to expand your career in this fast-paced, challenging field, VIU's fully online First Nations Housing Manager program can help you develop the skills to make a difference. Navigate the steep learning curve that often results from taking on responsibility for management of a First Nations community's housing program with this three-month certificate program comprised of six courses delivered online.
Learn to approach the varied duties in your role effectively and efficiently, and take away skills that will help you manage people and projects. This is also a beneficial program for you if you currently work in First Nations governance or administration, and seek practical knowledge and information to help you manage, expand and improve on-reserve housing programs.
|URL:||First Nations Housing Manager at Vancouver Island University
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.