University of Regina
Indigenous Languages & Literature (Cree or Saulteaux)
|School:||University of Regina
|Field of Study:||Aboriginal Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
|Description:||Have you ever wondered about the languages spoken by the First Nations of Saskatchewan? Are you concerned about the survival of these languages? The goal of the First Nations University of Canada's Department of Indian Languages, Literatures and Linguistics is to strengthen the First Nations' identity by ensuring the survival of Saskatchewan First Nations' languages. We encourage students to be proud of and to use, First Nations' languages.
The department offers classes in Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota, Dakota and Dene. It also offers a linguistics program.
|URL:||Indigenous Languages & Literature (Cree or Saulteaux) at University of Regina
|Cost per year:*||
One international course costs $2,356.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- English Language Arts A30 & B30*
- One approved math or science
- One approved 30-level language, social science, or fine arts
- One additional approved 30-level course
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.