Secondary school applicants are required to have Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, with courses at the college (C), university (U) or university/college (M) level.
Non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older). Mature applicants must meet all course and additional admission requirements listed on program outlines. For more information, visit http://cat.georgiancollege.ca/academic-regulations/admissions/.
The admission requirement is to have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (Grade 12 High School). Some programs have subject prerequisites and other requirements. Please note that in order to determine equivalent standing from other countries, the College requires original or certified copies of all documentation and academic records.
Students for which English is a second language, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants must obtain a score of 550 and a minimum of 50 points in each test area. In correspondence with TOEFL, please quote the Georgian TOEFL Code: 9740. IELTS band 6.5 is also accepted.
Please Note: Students who have less than 550 TOEFL, will be required to take the English as a Second Language (ESL) program before being admitted to a post-secondary program. Students who score 500 will be enrolled in our bridging program: English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
Your application process will vary depending on the program you are applying to and your particular pathway into Georgian. Before you apply for any full-time program, get familiar with the steps you need to take and the admission requirements you need to meet. First, search for the full-time program that’s right for you. If you’re not sure yet which program is the best choice, contact Co-operative Education and Career Success for help or call them at 705.728.1968, ext. 1340. Make sure to check ontariocolleges.ca for program availability and start dates. Second, make sure you know the admission requirements for your program. You’ll find requirements on your program’s webpage, in the Program Outline tab, under Admission Requirements and Admission Details. Applicants who are currently registered in subjects required for admissions may receive a conditional acceptance. If your acceptance is conditional, you’ll have to ensure all outstanding requirements are met before classes start. Possible requirements include: passing your courses, maintaining your grades, maintaining your GPA, completing your high school diploma (if you’re under 19) and if you’re applying for a graduate certificate – graduating from your current college or university. Please check Web for Admissions to see your outstanding conditions. Third, submit your application. As a domestic post-secondary student, apply online at ontariocolleges.ca or call 1.888.892.2228. You'll need to pay a $95 fee. Remember your application number, because you'll need it for later! For more information, please visit https://www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/apply/
There is a $65 processing fee for applications. Please ensure that the $65 fee is included with your application. Applications received without the fee will be returned, which will delay the process. (Money order, certified cheque, or bank draft should be made payable to "Georgian College".)
1. Complete and mail a Georgian College "International Student Application Form". Applications can be submitted from January to July, but all applications received by March 1 will be given priority for program choices. Applications should be sent as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for obtaining student visas.
2. Original or certified copies of all documentation and academic records should accompany the application. The student must send a proof of graduation as well as subjects taken and marks received. Students who are not graduating until later in the year should send current transcripts along with mid-term marks.
3. A letter of acceptance will be sent out as soon as the College has reached a decision.
4. An applicant granted admission to a program must confirm acceptance of this offer by sending the College a non-refundable deposit of $500.
5. The student must apply for a student visa from the Canadian Embassy or Consulate. The student visa must be obtained in your home country; it cannot be obtained in Canada.
6. Finally, full tuition fees must be paid by semester deadline. The base tuition is $9,215. In addition, there are other compulsory fees, fees for cooperative programs, and health insurance premium. Immigration Canada also requires proof of money for living expenses, approximately $10,000. Please consult the Georgian College calendar for further detailed information.