Since 1982, thousands of successful graduates have passed through the doors of the school and out into an ever changing and evolving restaurant, foodservice, and hotel industry. They have found that the school has prepared them to contribute their newfound knowledge, enthusiasm, and creative skills to the dynamic and exciting world of the international professional food and hospitality industry.
There are lots of ways to measure the success of The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Vancouver. The over 2,500 graduates who have walked through the doors and into hotels and restaurants around the world since the school began in 1982. The list of prestigious chef instructors who have chosen our school above all other schools as a suitable forum for sharing their knowledge. The international reputation that has been earned from being the first private school of its kind in Canada, offering the necessary grounding in classical European cuisine, never compromising on quality, and never cutting corners when it comes to the student's educational experience.
The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Vancouver has become a leader in the culinary field, establishing standards of excellence that draw professional cooks and serious amateurs alike to attractive and modern facilities in the heart of Vancouver, Canada.
The Art Institute of Vancouver does not have any accommodations on site, but you can contact the Student Affairs Office for housing information in the Vancouver area.
Please view 'On-campus Housing Notes'.
The Office of the Director of Student Services is concerned with every aspect of student life including assistance with the following:
- Career counselling in areas of self evaluation, selection of vocation, and academic planning.
- Site observations while attending classes at The Institute (i.e.: hotels, fine dining, restaurants, etc.).
- Career awareness, career exploration, and career preparation.
- Counselling services are available to assist prospective and enrolled students with educational, personal, and career concerns.
- Learning disabilities, English language difficulty, and special needs assistance.
- Financial aid information.
- Medical health and insurance.
- In addition, the Director of Student Services assists current students and Alumni in securing relevant positions through résumé and interview skill workshops.
Employment opportunities are kept current by a computerized system, which lists employment available both locally and internationally. The Art Institute of Vancouver boasts a high placement rate, which results in a constant industry demand for new graduates.