(NOC 2123)


There are a number of different types of agrologist designations available, and each one has its own specific education requirements. Usually you need a degree or diploma in agriculture to become an agrologist. However, you can become a student member of your local institute of agrologists branch while enrolled in an agriculture-related program.

Individuals with a degree in an agriculture-related discipline receive a P.Ag or Professional Agrologist designation. Individuals holding a diploma in an agriculture-related disciple receive a P.Tech or a Technical Agrologist designation.

Individuals that do not hold a degree or diploma in agriculture but who actively work in the agriculture field may apply to become an associate member of the organization. In order to maintain your Agrologist status, there are various courses and training that you must complete.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Horticultural Industries Diploma; Co-op
Business - Agriculture Diploma
Request Info
Olds College of Agriculture & Technology
Olds, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Bachelor of Applied Science - Horticulture Bachelor
Horticulture Technologist Diploma
Request Info
Red Deer Polytechnic
Red Deer, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Agriculture Bachelor; University Transfer
Request Info
University of the Fraser Valley
Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA

Related Program(s):
Agriculture Technology Diploma
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022