Red Deer Polytechnic

Oil Well Drilling Crews

(NOC 8232)


Required educational / training background will vary, depending on your area of work. You often need company licensing or certification. You may also obtain basic common core program certification in Ontario. To be an oil and gas drilling worker or service operator, you need a high school diploma and first aid, hydrogen-sulphide awareness, blowout prevention or other safety certificates. You usually need industry experience as an assistant or labourer. Many recent entrants have a high school diploma, and almost 1 in 4 has a trade / vocational certificate or community college diploma.

Degrees Associated with This Career

High School Diploma

Useful Experience/Skills

Physical / outdoor work
Safety procedures

Useful Secondary School Subjects

Industrial Arts
First Aid

Red Deer Polytechnic
Red Deer, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Water Well Driller Certificate; Apprenticeship
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022