University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
Education Leadership (M.Ed)
|School:||University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||School of Graduate Studies
|Field of Study:||Education, General
|Description:||The Master of Education (Educational Leadership) program reflects recent shifts in the knowledge base and in the restructuring of educational leadership programs worldwide using a 21st Century professional practice competencies approach which integrates theory and practice. The program particularly reflects the Faculty of Education’s commitment to prepare leaders for schools and school jurisdictions. This leadership preparation program is consistent with acknowledged professional practices to meet anticipated demands for competent and committed school leaders. The purpose of the Master of Education (Educational Leadership) program is to provide the knowledge and skills for candidates who wish to develop a leadership focus within their teaching career. This 25-month long program is offered in a blended delivery format. This includes online courses in fall, spring, and summer semesters, as well as face-to-face courses in July. On-campus accommodation is available.
|URL:||Education Leadership (M.Ed) at University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Careers:||College and Other Vocational InstructorsSchool and Guidance CounsellorsEducation Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Admission Requirements for MEd (Educational Leadership):
- University of Lethbridge Bachelor of Education degree or its academic equivalent from another recognized degree-granting institution.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 in the terms containing the last 20 graded university courses (60.0 credit hours).
- Approximately two years of teaching experience.
- Preference is given to applicants who have leadership experience and/or demonstrated leadership potential.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Test of Written English (part of TOEFL) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 93]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.