Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Stage and Screen Technique
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General
Film/Video and Photographic Arts, Other
Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology
Theatre/Theatre Arts Management
|Description:||The diploma in stage and screen technique draws on the expertise of the drama specialization in the Department of English, the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL), and CBC Television. Students receive an introduction to multi-media in the area of dramatic arts and video techniques. You will be introduced to the wide applications of stage and video craft through a program of project-oriented courses. Required courses give you specific skills in stage and video craft and enable you to specialize in your own particular practical area of interest.
The diploma prepares you to work in the cultural industries in Newfoundland or other parts of North America. Students with this unique training are better able to work across existing media.
|URL:||Stage and Screen Technique at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||InfluencerActors and ComediansCinematographers||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- International Languages or Social Science or First Nations Studies or Canadian and World Studies
Information about declaring a program of study in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is available at iDeclare.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.