Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Other
Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other
|Description:||This is a chemistry degree with a solid base in biology which is designed specifically to prepare students for further specialization in the chemistry of biological systems but also serves as an appropriate background for graduate studies in any area of chemistry. The degree will also serve those students who wish to enter health related careers such as medicine and those who wish to pursue other chemistry related careers. The degree also provides two teachable subjects for students interested in teaching at the intermediate and secondary school levels.
The Department of Chemistry has state-of-the-art spectroscopic and other analytical instrumentation as well as the high performance computer facilities of ACEnet. We also have extensive computing facilities for chemistry majors and honours students.
|URL:||Chemistry (Biological) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.