Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Ocean Physics (BSc)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Ocean Engineering
Oceanography, Chemical and Physical
|Description:||Many students come to Memorial, in part, because of our strength in ocean research and our geographical proximity to the ocean. This unique program, aimed at students looking for interdisciplinary training in both physics and oceanography, strengthens that connection. Ocean physics provides students with basic and essential knowledge to study the physics of the ocean, atmosphere and climate and contains connections with the disciplines of meteorology, atmospheric science and environmental science.
Many of our undergraduates are actively involved in physics research programs. This experience provides both summer employment and an excellent preparation for a career in industrial or university research. Memorial is the only Eastern Canadian university offering physics with an ocean focus.
|URL:||Ocean Physics (BSc) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Cost shown is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- International Languages or Social Science
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.