Sault College

Social Services Worker - Native Specialization

Save Compare

Program Information

School:Sault College
Faculty:Community Services
Field of Study:Social Work
Description:The real you is rooted in your community. And we’re inspired by it. The Social Services Worker – Indigenous Specialization program helps students gain the knowledge and tools they need to guide, support, and empower individuals, families and entire communities.

Dedicated to student success, this program opens doors for the graduate to provide effective social service worker intervention from a holistic Indigenous lens. The program prepares graduates with the tools necessary to support and address social, cultural and political issues to foster balance in the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects for individuals, families and communities. With the combination of theory, hands on learning and fieldwork placement you will be prepared to work with Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations to overcome barriers.

Upon completion of your program, you’ll be eligible to register with the College of Social Work and Social Service Workers.

Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and currently unemployed? If so, you may qualify for second career funding for this program! To learn more about your options and how to get started, contact us at
URL:Social Services Worker - Native Specialization at Sault College
Length:2 Year(s)
Careers:Social WorkersCommunity and Social Service WorkersSocial and Community Service Workers

Admission Requirements

Prerequisites:*These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
  •  Grade12 English 
Ontario Secondary School diploma with Grade 12 English (C) ENG4C, or mature student status.

A mature student is someone who is 19 years of age or older by the first day of College and has not graduated from high school. You can still apply to the program and you have two options:

  • You can pay $25 to write the Canadian Academic Achievement Test (CAAT) for Math and/or English requirements only or

  • You can take Academic Upgrading for free to get your high school equivalency for Grade 12 English (college level).

  • If you have graduated from high school but haven`t been to school in a while, you are an adult learner. You still may want to consider free Academic Upgrading offered on campus to re-fresh your skills before the start of your program.

    * We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

    Modified on June 29, 2022