Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Natural Sciences
|Description:||Our three-year Natural Science program is within the Department of Biology, yet does not require Chemistry and Mathematics prerequisites and contains less theory-based courses when compared to our traditional Biology programs. If you wish to apply, and acquire a basic knowledge of Biology, without pursuing the "career-scientist" route, Natural Science is for you.
Following the completion of your Natural Science studies, you will:
- Understand the basic principles of life systems and biological diversity
- Demonstrate a high level of biological literacy
- Understand the role and relationship of organisms in the environment
- Exhibit advanced critical thinking and reflective experience skills
|URL:||Natural Science at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
The tuition cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma. A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program specific prerequisite courses. A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.