University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|School:||University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||School of Graduate Studies
|Field of Study:||Biology/Biological Sciences, General
|Description:||The Master of Science program (Biological Sciences major) offers students the opportunity to receive focused, advanced training in a wide range of biology disciplines. This is a research-oriented program that culminates in students earning their master’s degree by completing a minimum of two courses and writing a thesis.
One of the courses is the Graduate Seminar Series, which focuses on recent developments in the biology literature, as well as on building professional skills related to the practice and communication of modern biological sciences. The precise number and details of the other courses are determined within the first semester of the student's program.
|URL:||Biological Sciences at University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (based on the uLethbridge 4.00 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level term courses.
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- For all majors delivered by the Faculty of Health Sciences (Addictions Counselling, Health Sciences, and Nursing), applicants must provide evidence of meeting the Spoken English Language Proficiency (SELP) requirement.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Test of Written English (part of TOEFL) [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 93] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.