Science - Chemistry, Physics or Engineering
|Field of Study:||Chemistry, General
|Description:||The one-year Certificate in Science is designed to provide students with a complete overview of first year science. It is intended for students who wish to go on to further studies in science or engineering at a university in British Columbia and it satisfies the first year requirements in science faculties at all BC universities. The program requirements depend upon students' intended major at university.
|URL:||Science - Chemistry, Physics or Engineering at Coquitlam College
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For all College programs, students must submit their most recent official transcripts. In addition, students are placed in appropriate classes and programs based on the College's assessment of their English language abilities. It is mandatory that all students have medical insurance. If students do not have medical insurance upon entering Coquitlam College, the College will enrol students in a private medical plan at a cost of $188.00 per semester. Following this, students may apply for British Columbia Medical Plan insurance after residing in British Columbia for three months.
|Application Notes : ||f your native language is not English, you may demonstrate fluency in English at the university level by submitting documents showing the minimum results on the following tests:
- TOEFL IBT of 86 or 230 computer based score
- A TOEFL score of at least 570 (paper based score) or 230 (computer based score)
- A CAEL score of at least 60
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS with 6.0 on the writing component
- An overall score of 60 on PTE with 60 on the writing component
If you do not have any of the previous scores, you may be required to write the Coquitlam College English Entrance Test.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.