University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Chemical and Materials Engineering
|School:||University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Faculty:||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:||Chemical Engineering
|Description:||The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program is a rigourous, research-oriented program requiring the completion of a thesis. Taking specialization to the next level, this program builds on students' analytical skills and leads to careers in academics or corporate research.
The general requirements for the PhD degree consist of successful completion of course work, participation in the graduate seminar, and presentation of a thesis which embodies the results of independent research.
|URL:||Chemical and Materials Engineering at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Areas of Research:||General fields for research in chemical engineering include fluid mechanics and rheology; reaction kinetics and catalysis; mass transfer and separation processes; heat transfer; thermodynamics, hydrocarbon P-V-T and phase equilibrium studies; polymer reactor engineering; computer process control; dynamic simulation; biotechnology, mathematical modelling and environmental engineering.
|Careers:||Chemical EngineersMetallurgical and Materials Engineers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in chemical or materials engineering from a recognized institution, with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last two years of study, or an equivalent qualification.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 92] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 90] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7]
|Application Notes : ||Applicants may also take a PTE with a minimum score of 62 in order to prove their English proficiency. a 6.0 is required in each band for the IELTS. The GRE is not mandatory but is highly recommended.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Applicants must submit, in PDF format, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal one-page statement
- Three references
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.