Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Criminal Justice/Police Science
|Description:||The police studies diploma is a ten-course program intended for students with an interest in policing or criminal justice. Students who have undergraduate degrees may be interested in the diploma as a means of specializing or expanding your knowledge in the policing area.
If you're interested in a career with the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary in Newfoundland and Labrador, you may complete the police studies diploma to fulfill the post-secondary educational qualification for admission to their police cadet program. The diploma program is also aimed at addressing the educational needs of existing police officers and others working in the justice field.
|URL:||Police Studies at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Commissioned Police OfficersPolice Officers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
Admission to the diploma program is limited and competitive. At the time of admission, you must have completed either a university degree in any discipline from a recognized university, or have completed the equivalent of 15 credit hours from a post-secondary institution.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.