These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You should hold a recognized Master’s degree which involves:
- At least 12-15 months of full-time laboratory research
- A seminar course
- Graduate level courses
- A written thesis
- An oral presentation/examination before a research supervisory committee
- Ideally, you should be a co-author on a manuscript published in an internationally recognized journal
- North American degree holders must have a overall average of B+ (76% at UBC) in your master’s degree program
- Non-North American degree holders must review the academic entrance requirements for students from your country at the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.