Southeast Regional College
Primary Care Paramedic
|School:||Southeast Regional College
|Field of Study:||Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
|Description:||Being a Primary Care Paramedic(PCP) is all about teamwork. There’s a sense of camaraderie you won’t find in many other jobs. But it takes a special kind of person. You have to want to help people, because you will be dealing with all ages in all kinds of crises. You have to work well under pressure, because you will be delivering pre-hospital emergency care in peoples' homes, in the middle of busy streets and/or at industrial sites.
This program emphasizes hands on training in pre-hospital emergency care with both hospital and ambulance practicums.
|URL:||Primary Care Paramedic at Southeast Regional College
|Careers:||Emergency Medical Technicians (Paramedics)||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Biology or Chemistry
- Principles of Mathematics or Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED is required prior to the start of the program and must be current to the year of the program
Valid Driver's Licence
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide evidence of a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search upon admission to the program. At the discretion of the practicum/clinical agency, you may be declined access to a clinical/practicum based on the contents of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search. The cost of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search is your responsibility.
- You must exhibit physical strength and fitness consistent with the requirements of professional practice. This will be evaluated within the program.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of Transferring Lifting Repositioning (TLR®) certification upon admission into the program. The cost of TLR® certification is your responsibility.
- Accepted applicants are required to provide current immunization records and meet Southeast College immunization requirements prior to entry into the clinical/practicum
- Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of current N95 respirator mask testing prior to entry into the clinical practicum. The cost of N95 respirator mask testing is your responsibility.
- Effective July 1, 2019: Accepted applicants are required to provide evidence of 2015 WHMIS Globally Harmonized System (GHS) certification upon admission into the program. Recertification will be required every three years to remain current. The cost of WHMIS certification is your responsibility
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.