University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Chemistry, General
|Description:||Chemistry is the science concerned with the properties of atoms and molecules, of which all matter is composed. Chemistry is important for all aspects of the material world - food production; the manufacture of medicines, textiles, and plastics; energy production; identifying environmental problems and remedies; and understanding the workings of living organisms.
The Honours and cooperative work-study (co-op) programs provide experience in government, private sector and research laboratories.
|URL:||Chemistry at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Applied Mathematics
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
- Grade12 English
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Science
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.