These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
Please note: A minimum of 60% is required in each prerequisite course.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Upon completion of this program, graduates must be successful in a theoretical examination set by the Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services Branch, Ontario in order to be certified as a Paramedic and thus, to be eligible to work in an ambulance service in Ontario. The cost for the examination process is the responsibility of the graduate.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR (HCP level)
- Must obtain a valid Ontario Class "F" driver's license prior to December 31 of the enrolled year.
- Criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector Screening included) to satisfy the requirements of the Ambulance Act (prior to Dec. 31 of enrolled year).
- Hepatitis B immunization and immunization status current
- Students are required to attend an information session prior to receiving final admission into the program. Although attendance is required, this session is not a pass/fail component. This session includes participation in fitness exercises, which will be at a reasonable additional cost to the student
- Applicants should have a good level of physical fitness, flexibility, and lifting strength. Physical fitness testing will be ongoing throughout the program. Students must meet the College's minimum requirements to graduate.