|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Please note: A minimum of 60% is required in each prerequisite course.
- Grade12 English
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR (HCP level)
- Must obtain a valid Ontario Class "F" driver's license prior to December 31 of the enrolled year.
- Criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector Screening included) to satisfy the requirements of the Ambulance Act (prior to Dec. 31 of enrolled year).
- Hepatitis B immunization and immunization status current
- Students are required to attend an information session prior to receiving final admission into the program. Although attendance is required, this session is not a pass/fail component. This session includes participation in fitness exercises, which will be at a reasonable additional cost to the student
- Applicants should have a good level of physical fitness, flexibility, and lifting strength. Physical fitness testing will be ongoing throughout the program. Students must meet the College's minimum requirements to graduate.
Upon completion of this program, graduates must be successful in a theoretical examination set by the Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services Branch, Ontario in order to be certified as a Paramedic and thus, to be eligible to work in an ambulance service in Ontario. The cost for the examination process is the responsibility of the graduate.