University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Statistics, General
|Description:||Statistics is a discipline grounded in mathematics that has practical applications in many other areas. Statistics is an analytical discipline that helps other disciplines carry out research projects and studies that involve measurement, comparison, and interpretation. Statistics is a useful ancillary subject to other sciences, the social sciences, and many of the professional programs. The department offers joint programs with Mathematics, Economics and Actuarial Mathematics.
|URL:||Statistics at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Data EngineerMathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Applied Mathematics
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Computer and Information Science or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Science
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.