University of Manitoba
Statistics / Actuarial
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Actuarial Science
|Description:||Statistics is the mathematical science of data and consists of statistical principles and methods for collecting data, organizing data and analyzing data to make statistical decisions in practical situations involving uncertainty. Statistics is an effective way to understand real-world problems and so being a statistician is exciting and rewarding. As a statistician, you cannot only develop statistical theory and methods in your own front yard, but also play in everyone’s backyard by working with researchers in many disciplines on important problems in the natural, physical, medical and social sciences.
|URL:||Statistics / Actuarial at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Insurance Adjustors and Claims ExaminersData EngineerMathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Applied Mathematics
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Computer and Information Science or Grade12 Physics
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Science
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.