Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Education (Post-Secondary as Second Degree)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education
|Field of Study:||Higher Education/Higher Education Administration
|Description:||Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a Second Degree is a full or part-time, 36 credit hour program intended for students who have completed an appropriate Bachelor’s degree and is offered completely online.
|URL:||Education (Post-Secondary as Second Degree) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Administrators - Post-Secondary Education and Vocational Training||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Social Science
Students must also have an elective course.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
|Application Notes : ||To be considered for admission an applicant must meet the general admission requirements of the University and the admission requirements as outlined below. Applicants must have:
- been awarded an undergraduate degree from Memorial University or from an institution recognized by Memorial University with at least second class standing or equivalent; or
- been awarded an undergraduate degree from Memorial University or an institution recognized by Memorial University and have successfully completed Education 2700, 2720 and 2801 with an average of at least 65%.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.