Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Neuroscience
|Description:||Behavioural neuroscience is the general study of the relations between the structure and activity of the brain and its function in generating integrated adaptive behavioural responses. Memorial’s neuroscience program has strong links to the Faculty of Medicine, located on the same campus in St. John’s.
Through course work and hands-on research experiences, behavioural neuroscience students learn the science behind their degree. A variety of topics are covered including spatial and temporal cognition, effects of hormones on behaviour and animal models of psychological disorders. Because behavioural neuroscience is a multi-disciplinary field, you will also take a variety of different sciences as part of their degree.
|URL:||Behavioural Neuroscience at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.