Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Criminal Justice/Police Science
|Description:||Police studies is the academic study of the different facets of police institutions and practices through which students understand the legal, political, and social influences shaping policing and its impacts on crime and society.
The major in police studies is intended to promote critical thinking about social issues in a policing environment. This program would be beneficial if you have a scholarly interest in policing, corrections or law enforcement. It has been specifically designed to address the demands of police work, with many courses available through distance learning. The major in police studies does not constitute a qualification in policing.
|URL:||Police Studies at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Commissioned Police OfficersPolice Officers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Data Management or Calculus and Vectors or Advanced Functions
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- International Languages or Social Science or First Nations Studies or Canadian and World Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.