Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||History, General
|Description:||Everything we see around us of human construction, from constitutions to popular culture, is a product of our history. The discipline of history provides an opportunity to develop research and writing skills through the study of fascinating aspects of our past.
The study of history fosters a critical understanding of the past as it relates to our present-day experience. From the depth of recorded history, this program constructs a timeline of human events that teaches us where we came from and illuminates where we are going.
|URL:||History at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies or Grade12 Philosophy or Grade12 First Nations Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.