Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Applied Mathematics/Computer Science (BSc)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Applied Mathematics
|Description:||Applied mathematics uses mathematics together with other fields such as physics, biology, chemistry or economics to make discoveries about the way the world works.
We employ undergraduate students in the Math Help Centre and to mark course assignments. Some of our students qualify for summer research employment funded by the National Science and Engineering Research Council.
|URL:||Applied Mathematics/Computer Science (BSc) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Cost shown is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree.
|Careers:||Software EngineerComputer and Information Systems ManagersComputer Programmers||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Social Science
Students must also have an elective course.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.